My quest for a 30 by 30 list made me realize many items that I’ve read I already have crossed off a life list. In the 11th grade, I made a list of life goals. Two that I remember off hand were meet Dave Matthews and get a tattoo. Since, I have done both. This made me realize to some extent there is power in writing things down. Some find accomplishment through realizing their dream job and making it pay their bills. Others, want to be nothing but a mother and work tirelessly to make that occur. If you were to ask me to write down my greatest achievements, many would be about experience. Life, in many ways is about experience. Highlighted below are my top five to date.
1. I was in the room when my god daughter/niece Madeline was born. It was an amazing experience that I was a part of and horrifying all the same.
2. I rescuing a beagle/jack russel from animal control. She is the sweetest dog who loves me unconditionally.
3. Running a marathon. It is a mental and physical test of endurance.
4. Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.
5. Visiting one of the 7 wonders of the world-The Taj Mahal
While I do not have everything within my 30 by 30 list. Here is a preview of what I want to include.
Reading the last ten years of fiction wining Pulitzer prize winning books.
Running a half marathon in under two hours.
Running a race in 10 different states that I have not ran in previously. Which excludes Minnesota, Wisconsin, Georgia, Nebraska,and Illinois.Races are planned for Missouri, Arizona and South Carolina.
Visit Yellowstone park.